A couple of weeks back my wee blog was nominated for the Sunshine Award by the lovely mother of three boys over at All Things Boys! She is a superhero in my eyes!
Again, it amazes me how something that brings me such joy is slowly touching the lives of more and more people.
Sunshine Award Rules:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog.
- Answer 10 the questions about yourself.
- Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers.
- Link your nominees to this post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
1. Favorite color? I don’t really have a favourite colour as it seems to change on a regular basis. If pressed I would have to say I lean towards red, green turquoise and soft butter yellow.
2. Favorite animal? Pugs – I own two and they make me laugh every day!
3. Favorite number? 1 and 7. All of the birthdays in our house have happend on a day with a 1 and/or 7 in it. Plus my husband proposed to me after 7 years of dating.
4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink? A nice cup of tea. My favourite is Earl’s Garden from David’s Teas
5. Prefer Facebook or Twitter? FB. I have a Twitter account and never actually use it.
6. My passion? Well the easy answer is photography! Then add in gardening and creative writing. On a professional level, I love teaching history and bringing it alive for my students. The pic below is of me teaching in a one room school house at Fort Steele Heritage Town. Every year I take grade 7 students there and immerse them in life of the early 1900s.
7. Prefer getting or giving presents? Hmmm, I would say giving. There is nothing better than coming up with the perfect, well thought out gift, and then watching the person’s joy when they open it.
8. Favorite pattern? Can I just say no pattern? I prefer plain and simple.
9. Favorite day of the week? Friday! The work week is coming to an end and the entire weekend still stretches before you like a beautiful gift.
10. Favorite flower? Tulips and lilies. Not white Easter lilies, but good old heritage Saskatchewan Tiger Lilies. I had some in my garden until this spring but the vole, that took up residency under my porch this winter, made short work of them. Sigh…
And the Nominees for 10 Sun Shining Blogs are….
All That Makes You – I just recently started reading her blog and pretty much every post I have read makes me giggle or nod my head in agreement!
Behind the Lens Photography – This blog was a pleasant find! Each posting shares at least one beautiful photo with the story behind it. Love it!
Micheline Walker’s Blog – This was a blog I stumbled upon a week ago and her writing appeals to my love of Canadian History
Inspired and Pretty – Her posts are full of beautiful stories and photos.
Cee’s Healing Journey – This is a new blog for Cee as she details her healing journey in dealing with Lymes Disease.
Wonderfully Worthy – This blog with get you thinking about many social issues we face today. Well written and thought provoking.
The Prairie Ecologist – This blog has beautiful photos and is quite informative about the plants of the prairies.
Lavinia’s Muse – This is a blog about daily life and what catches her eye. Lovely photos compliment her stories.
Jean Day Friday – A light hearted blog about life.
Sonel’s Photographic Corner – I’ve followed her for a long while now. Her blog is full of inspiration, photos and cute little cartoons to give you a smile.
I hope each of you enjoy your nomination and know that your blog has brought a little bit of sun into my life